Tuesday 31 January 2012

Creativity and ICT

Some may find this a bit random but I am trying to get organised and catch up on any uni work I may have missed and this was an question from my first week in my elective class that I had still to answer. What is creativity and how can we use ICT to aid creativity? (If anyone has anything they would like to add to this please feel free need all the information I can get.)

I think that creativity is how we individually approach a given task. The end result may turn out the same in some cases but most people look at how to get there in different ways. Some people see shortcuts and quick ways of getting there where as others see a drawn out process which will give them the best results. Everyone can be creative it is merely a process of thought. ICT encourages creativity as it provides tool for people who may be required to do a certain task but do not have the skills to complete it without assistance. Take for example something as simple as making a poster, if you cannot draw doing this by hand it may turn out bland and boring whereas with the help of the internet and simple computer programs it could turn out a piece of art.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting to read your perspective on ICT as a tool to support creativity.

    ReplyDelete